Sunday 7 February 2010

Plan for the DVD Cover & Magazine Advert

To create my DVD cover and magazine advert I will use images that I will take of my actors that appeared in my music video in costume that will be portraying The Veronica Sister. I have found some image on The Veronicas website at www.theveronicas.co.uk which I think would look great used in a magazine advert or DVD cover, I will use these images to help me create a realistic image of The Veronicas. From the range of different images that are available on The Veronicas website I will chose the images which I prefer and then experiment with them in Photoshop. Firstly I will create a draft version of my DVD cover and magazine advert, this will allow me to achieve the best possible outcome. I will use a consistent colour scheme throughout my DVD cover and Magazine Advert. I will use bright pink for most of my text as it is a very feminine colour and The Veronicas are both young females.

DVD Front Cover:
On the front of my DVD I will have a large image of two female actors portraying The Veronicas, which will fill most of the space on the front cover. I want the image large so people will notice the image before reading the title of the DVD. The text I will include will be the title of the artist 'The Veronicas' and the name of the DVD. I will also include a DVD logo at the bottom right corner and the record company logo in the left bottom corner.

Inside the DVD case:
On the inside of the DVD case I will have a large image of two female actors portraying The Veronicas sisters covering the whole of the inside. I will not include any text on the inside cover.

DVD Back Cover:
On the back of my DVD case I will have a numbered list of the tracks that are included on the DVD along the left hand side of the case. I will have a barcode in the bottom right corner. In the left corner I will have the record company logo and the DVD logo. I will have a short paragraph at the top of the DVD cover about the content of the DVD. I will also include three small images of my two females actors portraying The Veronicas.

The DVD Spine:
On the DVD spine I will have the DVD logo and the title of the DVD.

Magazine Advert:
My magazine advert will be identical to the front cover of my DVD cover. I will make the magazine advert A4 size. I will have the DVD logo and record company logo on the front at the bottom corners. I will use bright pink text to keep in with my colour scheme. I will include a date when the DVD is released also some exclusive offers that will be included on the DVD to attract customers.

I will be using Warner Bros. Records for my record label because they are the official record label for The Veronicas.

No comments:

Post a Comment