Thursday 11 February 2010

Creating my design for my DVD disk

Here is my first sketch of my design for my DVD disk. Whilst researching print products and packaging I noticed that it is very common that the disk also has a design or image printed on them which keeps with the existing theme and colour scheme of the promotion packaging. I have drawn up a quick sketch for an idea of what I would like for 'The Veronicas' Live Tour DVD to look like.
I have started to create my design on my DVD disk using Photoshop. I created three different size cricles, one for the size shape of the DVD, another for the plastic centre and finally the third circle for the middle hole inside the DVD. I found a leopard print image and cut it to fit the shape of the DVD. Next I added the text 'The Veronicas-Live Experience' which is the title of the DVD in bright pink. I made the 'Veronicas' larger so it would stand out. I added the track listings which will be included on the DVD also in pink. From looking at this image below you can tell that the text is very difficult to read, I will need to change this by making the text larger or changing the colour of the text so it is made more visible to read.




Here is my final DVD design. I have created a white glow around the outside of the name 'Veronicas' to make the name more visible and stand out so it is easier to read. I have changed the colour of the track listing to white text so it is more visible and clear to read. I have included the DVD logo, Warner Bros Record company logo and the film classification logo on the DVD. I decided to include these logos on to the DVD because from my research I found that DVD's do include the age restriction and other relevant logos on the the DVD disk. The website address for 'The Veronicas' official website is positioned at the bottom of the DVD, this gives the DVD a more professional feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment