Monday 29 March 2010

Creating my DVD cover & Inside



I started by creating a sketch for my DVD cover this gave me initials idea of the layout of my DVD cover and what to include in my DVD design. I found an image at www.theveronicas.com which I thought would be appropriate for the front cover of my DVD of The Veronicas which is shown at the left. I also search Google for a black and white checked image which I used for my background of the DVD cover. I adjusted my squared background to an average size of a DVD, then I cut around the image of The Veronicas using a tool in Photoshop and pasted in on to my Black and white background. I arrange the image on my background to the right side of the DVD, I stretched the image size to fill most of the front cover of my DVD. I added the title of the DVD ‘The Veronicas – Live Experience’ using bright pink text. I formed a glow around the outside of the word ‘The Veronicas’ to make the name of the artists stand out. I created a spine for the DVD which I included the DVD logo that I downloaded from the internet. I used the image that is on the front of the DVD and adjusted the size so it would fit in the spine. I copied the title of the DVD and made it smaller so it would fit along the spine of the DVD. I downloaded an image of a barcode from the internet and pasted it on to the back of my DVD cover. I started to create a track list of the songs included on the DVD for the viewers to look at. Below is my first attempt of creating my DVD cover.

I added a small paragraph to the back of my DVD cover to explain and interest the viewers about my DVD also I included a short sentence about special features that would be available on my DVD. I used another image which I added to the back of the DVD cover as there was a lot of blank space, I feel this made the back cover look more exciting. I moved the position of the barcode so I could fit the large image on to the back of my DVD, the barcode wasn’t very clear on top of the image so I moved it across on to the background. Below is my second attempt at my DVD cover.

Here is my final DVD cover. I feel that this is a very professional print product and that it has been finished to a high standard of work. I think that it meets the target audience and attracts the viewer’s attention by the use of the bright pink text and black and white background. I have included the Warner Bros Record company logo and the age classification logo. When researching into print products and promotion packaging I found that all DVD’s must include an age restriction certificate and company logos.


I also created the inside cover for my DVD. I did this by downloaded images of The Veronica sister’s from their official website. I then cut and pasted the images on to a new page which I adjusted the size of the page layout to fit the size of an actual DVD cover. The four images below are the images I used to create the inside cover.

This image is the centre of my inside DVD cover.

I cut this image in half between the two sisters and put them either side of the middle image.

I cut this image in half betwen the two sisters and put them either side of the second image.

I cut this image in half between the two sisters and put them at either side at the end of the cover.



Below is my finished inside cover for my DVD, I think that this look was very simple and easy to create. It gives a very dramatic and interesting image of The Veronicas.


No comments:

Post a Comment